DVA - Department of Veteran Affairs
We are happy to see patients who have DVA cards of any colour. We provide claiming on the spot.

Please bring your card with you to the first appointment so we can get all the relevant information we need from your card. There are no out of pocket expenses for most treatment completed.

MPDSS - Metropolitan Patients' Dental Subsidy Scheme
We are happy to see patients who are eligible to be treated under the MPDSS. Just bring in the letter from the government. We will hold on to it and submit it for you.

Please be aware that there are two levels of cover both of which require some payment from you (either 25% or 50% of the bill) at each appointment.

CDBS - Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The CDBS is open to eligible children, granting them access to $1000 towards dental treatment over two calendar years.

You may have received a letter from Medicare but if you are uncertain, you can check by calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011, or accessing your Medicare online account at https://my.gov.au.

Under the CDBS, dentists are within their rights to charge their set private fees and you may be out of pocket as Medicare only agrees to pay a certain amount towards treatment done.
At A to Z Dental, we offer NO GAP through the CDBS to ensure you are getting the most out of this scheme.

Read more about it here: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule

OSHC Students - Overseas Student Health Cover
We get a lot of students who live in the area asking about dental care under their OSHC health cover. Most of the time, this health insurance does not cover dental care unless you have taken up OSHC Extras. To find out more, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 1300 733 676.

Please be advised that Medicare does not cover ANY dental treatment. As we are a private clinic we do not accept medicare as a form of payment.

If you have a current Health Care Card (HCC) or  Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) you may be eligible to receive dental treatment through a Public Dental Clinic. The closest to us being Liddell Dental Clinic (6 Temple St, Vic Park 6100). Their contact number is 9470 4212.

If you are seeking urgent medical attention which may be dental related and you do not have the means to pay private fees, it is best to start at the Public Dental Clinic or in an emergency your nearest hospital emergency department.

Other Useful Links

Australian Dental Association WA

Website: www.adawa.com.au
If you are looking for general information about dentistry, this is a great website with accurate information, and a valuable educational resource for everyone.

Website: www.privatehealth.gov.au
If you would like to learn more about what private health means to you and compare different policies, this website run by the Australian Government is a good place to start.

Education and Training
Website: www.ada.org.au/dentalprofessionals/edandtrain.aspx
Ever considered a career path in dental services? Here's a great place to learn about what it takes to become a dentist, dental hygienist, dental assistant, dental technician, dental prosthetist, or dental therapist.

Dental Health Services
Website: www.dental.wa.gov.au & http://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Dental-Health-Services
Do you have a Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card, or Veterans' Affairs Gold card? You may be eligible to receive subsidised dental treatment at a Public Dental Clinic. The nearest Public Dental Clinics are LIDDELL GOVT DENTAL CLINIC (6 Temple St, Victoria Park 9470 4212) and MT HENRY GOVT DENTAL CLINIC (43 Mt Henry Rd, Salter Point 9313 0551).

Perth Radiological Clinic
Website: http://perthradclinic.com.au/locations
Ph: 9232 3800 || Hrs: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm, Sat 8.30am-12pm
We may require you to obtain an OPG (orthopantomogram) as part of your exam. An OPG is an x-ray of your lower face including your jaw bones and teeth. The closest place you can get one is Bentley Hospital. It is best to call before you go, in case they are having a busy day. However, you can usually just walk-in.